Hi everyone, this is Anna. There was SO much snow this holiday season. Some resorts have already received 200 inches so far! One of our family traditions is to spend Christmas Eve day skiing together. It’s so fun and sometimes we even see Santa. This year we skied at Solitude and it felt like we had the whole mountain to ourselves as it was kept snowing and snowing.
But this is only one of our skiing traditions. I thought I’d share some of the other ones with you. You might think they are fun too and want to make some of them your own.
• Name a ski run: We like to name our own runs at the resorts. My favorite is the “Family Trees” at Canyons. It’s off the Saddleback Express lift and is in the trees and not part of any named run…and if I told you more it would no longer be our secret run. It’s awesome to have a secret run to ski with my family.
• Hot Chocolate: Every ski day at about 2PM we stop for hot chocolate. It’s a fun break and gives you energy to make it to the end of the day.
• Ski Trips with Friends: We love skiing with our friends – we took some to Brighton last week and found lots of BIG jumps. January is “Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month” so start a tradition of inviting your friends to ski! If you or your friends are 5th or 6th graders like us, you can still get the Ski Utah Passportand ski whatever resort you want!
• Slurpees: Try getting one on your ride home. It looks like snow so that is fun, and if you want to be like Jacob get the lemon flavor and talk on and on about yellow snow.
• Jacuzzi Time: We love to get in a Jacuzzi after skiing to get all warmed up. Then, we do “snow dares” like daring each other to get out and make snow angels or do somersaults in the snow. It’s really funny.
So what ski traditions do you have and what new ones will you start? You can let us know in the comments below.