On New Year's Eve, Alta has a torchlight parade and fireworks! It follows the main cat track from Watson Shelter to the base of the mountain. Visitors wishing to participate in the parade should bring goggles and must be at least intermediate skiers that can ski blue runs. To watch the torchlight parade, the Goldminers Daughter is a good spot or park along Hwy 210.
- We will start lift loading at 5:15pm.
- The parade starts at 6:00pm.
- The parade route will be marked with flares.
- We will have 200 flame torches for adults. Children should bring their own headlamps or flashlights.
- Open containers will not be allowed on the lifts.
- Skiers need to be intermediate level or stronger. No beginner level skiers please.
- Food Bank containers will be out all day so please bring a non-perishable item to help those who are hungry.
- There will be fireworks during the parade.