Remember Alta when planning a ski vacation that will provide a unique setting for unforgettable experiences with family, friends and the mountain itself.
The Forest Service issued the initial permit to construct a lift at Alta to the Salt Lake Winter Sports Association. Alta officially opened as a ski area in the winter of 1938-39. Throughout the years, Alta’s philosophy has been to offer a quality skiing experience for a fair price. The focus is on skiing, earning Alta accolades as a “purist’s mountain.” It is one of the three remaining areas in the United States to be a skier’s-only mountain. Snowboarding is not allowed. Ski Magazine's Reader Resort Survey ranked Alta #1 for Overall Satisfaction.
Alta, along with Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort, proudly celebrate 10 years of offering America’s first lift-served interconnect. Come and enjoy the excitement of the AltaSnowbird experience. With the AltaSnowbird “one ticket,” skiers have access to 4700 acres. AltaSnowbird was voted the #1 resort in the U.S. by Skiing magazine for five years running.
The Alta Environmental Center is the outgrowth of Alta’s last twenty years of sustainability practices. Alta is committed to discovering innovative new ways to be sustainable and improve our environment. Alta believes an efficient, profitable company is a necessary foundation to support many worthy environmental efforts. The Alta Environmental Center will guide these efforts towards sustainability and will look after the natural environment. More information available on alta.com.
SKI AFTER 3
Ski after 3 on Sunnyside, Albion and Cecret* Lifts for a $10 ticket, a $5 ticket reload or a MyAlta Card product. (*Cecret closes at 3:30)
Skiers will buy passes and use the gates.
The 3 base area tows(Grizzyly tow, Transfer tow and Alta Lodge tow) will still be free all day, everyday.>
- Alta's RFID ticket system allows skiers to reload skiing on Alta.com
- Stay at one of Alta's ski-in/ski-out lodges, staffed by friendly employees who will remember your name and make you feel right at home. Call 888-356-2582 to speak with an Alta Vacations specialist.
- Looking for a private home or a luxury condo? Unparalleled mountain views and free shuttle service to the lifts. Chef service and food stocking options are available.
- Once you've spent a day skiing at Alta, you may reload your skiing on-line at alta.com. Use the Web ID on your Alta Card.
- Sign up for your Powder Alert on alta.com.
- Are you a history buff? Check out altahistory.org
Alta Ski Area
|2012 Anticipated Opening||Nov. 16|
|2013 Anticipated Closing||April 14, 2013 (Open Fri-Sun through April 28)|
|% Beginner Terrain||25|
|% Intermediate Terrain||40|
|% Advanced Terrain||35|
|Miles to Major Airport||32|
|Number of Runs||116+|
|Area Day - Adult||$75|
|Area PM - Adult||$62|
|Area Day - Child 12 and under||$40|
|Beginner Area Day - Adult||$40|