Alta Torchlight Parade
Sat Dec 31 2011
On New Year's Eve, Alta has a torchlight parade and fireworks! It follows the main cat track from Watson Shelter to the base of the mountain. Visitors wishing to participate in the parade should bring goggles and must be able to hold a snowplow down the entire cat track. To watch the torchlight parade, the Goldminers Daughter is a good spot or park along the main road.
- We will start lift loading at 5:00pm.
- The parade starts at 6:00pm.
- Some Alta Ski Area employees will use the traditional flares and the parade route will be marked with flares.
- Skiers should bring their own headlamp or flashlight - we are experimenting with new torches this year and many skiers will get to use them but not everyone.
- Open containers will not be allowed on the lifts.
- Skiers need to be intermediate level or stronger. No beginner level skiers please.
- Food Bank containers will be out all day so please bring a non-perishable item to help those who are hungry.
- There will be fireworks during the parade.
Visit Alta Ski Area member page.