Alta in April - Spring Festival
Fri Apr 6 2012 - Sun Apr 15 2012
In the spring, Alta Chamber & Visitors Bureau and the Alta, Utah community present a week of non-stop fun and a great reason to visit Alta! The first Alta in April celebration kicks off a week of parties, lodging deals, and special events as a way to celebrate another great year of skiing at Alta Ski Area. This special week runs from April 6 - April 15, 2012.
On Friday, April 6, the sixth annual Alta Gala at La Caille Restaurant starts off the week in style. The Alta Gala is a fundraising event for three local Alta, Utah non-profits—the Alta Community Enrichment, Alta Historical Society, and Friends of Alta, as well as a way to raise awareness of the arts, environment, and rich history of Alta. After the Gala, locals and Alta visitors alike will enjoy an action-packed week of apres ski events, live music, an on-mountain ski scavenger hunt, a costume contest and more. Skiers can demo next year's skis on Saturday the 7th, and Sunday is all about family fun with the traditional Easter Egg hunt in the Albion Basin. Friends will have the opportunity to soak up some afternoon sun at four organized apres ski events on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. A good sense-of-humor will go a long way at the Stretchpants and Sunglasses Costume Ski day at the end of the week. Break out your best colorful one-piece or stretch pants and strut your stuff on the slopes- you may win the grand prize!
Many of Alta's visitors having been visiting Alta Ski Area's slopes for years, and Alta in April is a way for skiers to reconnect with old friends, have some fun, and get back to the roots of skiing. Celebrate the week leading up to Alta Ski Area's closing weekend with great fun for everyone! Visit Alta Ski Area in April, when the days are longer, the snow is soft , and there are plenty of exciting events and great deals to take advantage of!
Schedule of Alta in April Events
- Friday, April 6: Alta Gala- annual event raising funds and awareness of the arts, environment and history of Alta- La Caille Restaurant (6:30-11:00pm, $115 tickets)
- Saturday, April 7: Spring Ski Demo Day presented by Powder House Ski Shops and Alta Ski Shop, free ski demos, live music and burgers on the GMD Deck
- Sunday, April 8: ACE Easter Egg Hunt (for the kids, 11:00am start) and Skier's Photo Scavenger Hunt, an on-mountain hunt for gear and prizes (12:30-3:30pm)
- Monday, April 9: Apres Ski Pool Party at the Alta Peruvian Lodge - Pool Deck (4:00-6:00pm)
- Tuesday, April 10: Apres Ski Wine and Appetizers at the Alta's Rustler Lodge - Eagle Nest Lounge (4:00-6:00pm) and Open Mic at the GMD Saloon (8:00-10:00pm)
- Wednesday, April 11: Apres Ski at the Shallow Shaft Restaurant featuring Epic Brewing (4:00-6:00pm)
- Thursday, April 12: Beer and Brats at Alf's Restaurant (mid-mountain in Albion Basin, 11:00-2:00pm); Apres Ski at The Snowpine Lodge with the Alta Historical SocietyFireside Chat- Alta's Wild Old Bunch (4:00-6:00pm)
- Friday, April 13: Freaky Friday Stretchpants and Sunglasses Costumed Ski Day - show off your most wild spring style, and you may win the "Best Dressed" prize! Prizes and drawing on Goldminer's Daughter Lodge deck (3:30pm); Alta Earth Day sponsored by the Alta Environmental Center. ALTA EARTH DAY- building awareness and appreciation for the place we call Alta. Ski gear recycle drop-off, eco-friendly kids crafts and vendors, Ski With a Ranger and Snowshoe With a Naturalist tours (times TBA)
- Sunday, April 15: First Closing Day of 2011-12 Alta Ski Area Season
Special Alta Discounts During Alta in April
- Powder House Ski Shops will offer free rentals for kids (140 cm and under), and 3 days of demos for the price of 2 for adults (April 6-15)- Just pack your boots and get to Alta!
- The Shallow Shaft Restaurant is offering 20% off for anyone participating in the Alta in April (with proof of participation)
- Alta Shuttle is offering round-trip shuttles to/from Alta at $58 per person ($10 off), and $30 per person for one-way ($5 off) April 8-15. Just mention Alta in April!
- The Rustler Spa and Goldminer's Daughter Spa will offer $20 off of services (not valid 4-7pm)
- Peak Photo (on mountain photography) Buy any two prints or two digital downloads, and receive one print or one digital download of equal or lesser value for free!
- Alta Ski Area Spring Season Pass valid April 2-29, adult $199, 12 & under child for $99- no residence restrictions!
Alta Lodging Specials During Alta in April
Alta Peruvian Lodge: $129 per person, per night, based on double occupancy (Single rate - $179). Alpine room with either a queen bed or two twins, private bath. Includes breakfast, dinner and all taxes. Valid Sunday, April 8th through the night of Saturday, April 14th.
- Alta Lodge: April 8-15, Kids Stay Free! Book a room for four nights and two kids ages 12 & under stay in the same room with their parents, breakfast and dinner included, at no additional change. This represents a savings of over $200 per night!. Complimentary receptions after skiing each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with wine and appetizers for our Alta Lodge guests. Lunch served on the Alta Lodge sundeck (weather permitting). Complimentary lunch picnics on the ski slopes, beverages included (dates to be announced, weather permitting).
- The Snowpine Lodge: 20% off of listed rates, April 6-15. Mention Alta in April for discount.
Alta's Rustler Lodge: Kids Stay Free and Eat Free in April! Children 11 and under stay FREE with two paying adults. Five-night minimum stay with 2 paying adults per room. Subject to availability. Wasatch and Superior rooms only. Special is for new reservations only and cannot be combined with additional nights, credits, or discounts.
- Canyon Services: Book 5 nights, get the 6th night free!
- The Travis Home: 4 people for $600 per night, April 8-14th
Visit Alta Ski Area member page.