Utah’s Resorts Join 33 Other States for Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month
Resorts offering incredible deals for First Timers
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH- Utah’s 14 resorts will be joining 33 other states and over 300 resorts during the month of January, offering special deals for first time skiers and snowboarders to promote Learn to Ski and Snowboard month. Utah resorts have set a goal to give 10,000 beginner lessons in the month of January and are offering incredible deals that make it easy and affordable for locals to learn to ski and snowboard.
Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month is a national initiative that began in 2008 and has grown to 33 states and over 300 resorts participating. The program strives to make learning skiing and snowboarding easy, accessible and affordable for children and adults. Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month has challenged everyone to get out and exercise this year with the theme “Humans Were Never Meant to Hibernate.”
“Learning to love winter recreation and lifetime sports is a great way to stay healthy all year long,’ noted Raelene Davis, Ski Utah’s Marketing Director. “Additionally, we hope this initiative will encourage more Utahans to enjoy the state’s most famous resource, The Greatest Snow on Earth®.”
Utah’s resorts have celebrated this challenge and will be offering unique deals to each resort including the following:
- Alta Ski Area is offering First Time Learn to Ski Package all season long in the spirit of Januarys Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month. For a total package price of $239, first time skiers will receive four two-hour lessons, four beginner lift tickets and four days of equipment rental. To make reservations for all four days contact the Alf Engen Ski School at Alta at 801.799.2271.
- Beaver Mountain is offering a complete ski package for $39 that includes lift ticket, lesson and equipment rental. Offer is valid January 1-17, 2014 and Ski Utah Learn to Ski and Snowboard Package must be mentioned to claim the offer.
- Brian Head Ski Resort is offering a complete ski package for $45 that includes a two-hour lesson, rentals and a lift ticket. Participants will also receive a bounce back coupon for two $45 Get Better lessons. If the participant completes both Get Better lessons, they will be eligible for 50% off a 2013-14 season pass and rentals. Offer is valid January 5-31, 2014, excluding MLK weekend (Jan. 18-20, 2014). Online reservations are required. Go to Brianhead.com to book.
- Brighton Ski Resort is offering ski and snowboard intro packages for $49. Packages include a 2-hour morning or afternoon lesson, an all-day ski or snowboard rental and a full-day learner lift ticket. Promotion dates are January 6–31, 2014. To take advantage of this offer go to brightonresort.com and print out the “LEARN TO SKI/SNOWBOARD MONTH” voucher and redeem it at any ticket window.
- Canyons is offering a $39 package for Utah residents, ages 4 and up, thru January 4 - 31, 2014. The package includes a lift pass, lesson and rental. Advanced reservations are required and are based on availability. Please call 877.472.6306 for reservations and information. Offer not available Jan. 20-22, 2014.
- Deer Valley Resort is hosting a Ski Utah Learn to Ski Program Jan. 25, 2014, for Utah local never-ever skiers, from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. The clinic cost is $39 and includes rentals, lift pass and the three hour ski lesson, each for $13. Make reservations by calling 435.645.6648 and mention “Ski Utah Learn to Ski Program.”
- Eagle Point has special pricing for new skiers and boarders on lift tickets, lessons and rentals in January. Adult Half Day package pricing is $39, Youth half day package pricing is $44 (ages 8-15) and Child All Day package pricing is $49 (ages 4-7). Reservations are recommended by calling 435-438-3615.
- Park City Mountain Resort’s popular StarNOW program is back this year and a great offer for beginner skier and snowboarders. For a total of $200, the five-day program includes a lift ticket, beginner ski or snowboard lessons, and ski or snowboard equipment rental. Must pre-register for all five StartNOW dates. Please visit startnow.pcmr.com for more information and to register call 800.545.8112.
-Powder Mountain is offering five weeks of lessons on Saturdays for for only $95 (Does not include lift ticket or equipment rental). Session Dates: January 4, 11, 18, 25 and February 1, 2014 or February 8, 22, March 1, 8 and 15, 2014. To register, call Powder Mountain Snow Sports School at 801.745.3772 ext. 127 or email email@example.com.
-Snowbasin is offering the “Littlecat Beginner Package” at an online only rate of $69 starting January 6, 2014. The package includes a 2-hour lesson, Littlecat lift ticket and basic equipment rentals.
- Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort is offering the Learner’s Permit program for $50. The offer includes a 2.5-hour lesson, lift ticket and rentals. Once completed the learner receives a “Learner’s Permit Pass” with a photo and is entitled to five additional discounted adult group lessons and five days of skiing for half price. To register, call the Mountain School at 801.933.2215.
- Solitude Mountain Resort is offering a Learn to Ski package on select days in January to celebrate January’s Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month. First Time skiers or snowboarders receive three half-day beginner lessons, rentals and a lift ticket for $165 plus a free lift ticket. To make reservations now call 801.536.5730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sundance Resort is offering a Learn to Ski and Snowboard package for $75 for all ability levels from beginner to advanced. The package includes rentals, lift tickets and lesson. Package must be booked online at sundanceresort.com.
- Wolf Mountain is offering a $39 learn to ski or snowboard package for the month of January for first time skiers. This includes lift, lesson and rentals.
A complete list of resort deals and discounts can be found at www.skiutah.com.
Nationwide alpine ski, snowboard, cross-country and snowshoe packages can be found at www.skiandsnowboardmonth.org.
Learn a Snow Sport Month is supported by SnowSports Industries America (SIA), Professional Ski Instructors of America –American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI), and National Ski Areas Association (NSAA).
For media information or interviews contact Susie English at 801.433.2016 or email@example.com.
Ski Utah is the marketing firm owned and operated by the 14 statewide ski resorts that make up the Utah Ski and Snowboard Association. The organization has been creating brand awareness of and demand for the Utah wintersports product since its inception in 1978. Ski Utah’s primary functions are concentrated in marketing, public policy and public relations. Information about Ski Utah and its members can be found at skiutah.com, on Twitter and Instagram @SkiUtah and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/skiutahyeti. This release and other press information can be found in the online press room at /News/.