October 4 2017
AS OF JANUARY 2021, THE SKI 3 PASS IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Ogden, Utah (October 3, 2017) – Envision your ultimate ski day. If it includes deep snow, pristine groomed runs, non-existent lift lines and visiting multiple resorts at low cost then Ogden, Utah is your ultimate ski destination. When out-of-state visitors stay at one of Visit Ogden’s preferred lodging properties they can ski at Ogden’s three resorts, Nordic Valley, Powder Mountain, and Snowbasin Resort for $157.
“The three Ogden area resorts are less than an hour away from Salt Lake International Airport” stated Sydnie Furton, Visit Ogden Marketing and Public Relations Manager. “The resorts range from old-school learning hills of the past to the most opulent resorts around. Even more impressive is the fact that these diverse resorts have retained their independence while coming together to offer travelers an opportunity to experience their unique offerings at one low-cost.”
Combined, Nordic Valley, Powder Mountain, and Snowbasin Resort offer over 12,000 skiable acres and 3,000 vertical feet to explore. Guests will discover long runs, a balanced mix of beginner, intermediate and advanced terrain. With an average of 400 inches of snow a year you can find anything from soft groomers to champaign powder. When your day on the slopes is over, guests can rest easy knowing that they have just discovered Utah’s best-kept secret.
How the pass it works:
1. Book a two-night stay with any participating lodging partner, options run the full gamut from major hotel chains (Courtyard Marriott, Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, etc.), bed and breakfasts, to home rentals.
2. Upon check-in, the front desk will provide a Ski 3 promotional card with a link to purchase your passes.
3. The card provides the details, but it goes something like this, you will go to the website provided on the card where you’ll find a simple interface that lets you purchase as many Ski 3 packages as you have guests in your party. Upon completing your transaction, you’ll receive a text message on your phone that will walk you through the rest of the process. It will include a link that will open your internet browser and invite you to drop a home-screen icon on your phone. From that app-like icon, you’ll have access to your passes and be able to share them with other members of your party.
4. Enjoy over 12,000 skiable acres!
The best way to take advantage of your “Ski 3” passes:
NORDIC VALLEY: Celebrating its 50th year, this quaint resort is one of the few remaining “hometown ski hills” in existence. It’s very much like the resorts of yesteryear described above. It is the perfect place to get your ski legs under you after traveling to the area. Your Ski 3 pass can be used for a full-day pass or night skiing, ideal if you arrive in Utah in the afternoon. Three lifts serve a variety of terrain and the entire resort is accessible for night skiing.
POWDER MOUNTAIN: Powder Mountain is a one of a kind resort that is hanging its hat on skier experience, adventure and preserving the pow. With the addition of 2 new lifts last year, this throwback, mom-and-pop-style resort boasts the most skiable acres in North America with 8,464 acres. Powder Mountain is preserving the pow and the skier experience by being the first resort to cap day passes (1,500 total) and adult season passes (1,000 total). These skier caps make Powder Mountain not only the largest ski area in the United States but also the most spacious. Powder Mountain offers a unique opportunity for skiers and riders of all levels to experience their personal adventure within expansive boundaries.
SNOWBASIN RESORT: Skiers heading to Snowbasin Resort this winter will discover some impressive on-mountain upgrades. This fall, the resort is installing a new detachable six-pack chairlift that will replace the current Wildcat Triple Chairlift for the 2017-2018 Winter Season. Snowbasin Resort was the venue for several events during the 2002 Olympic Winter Games, including the marquis event, the downhill. Snowbasin Resort features two high-speed gondolas and several high-speed quad lifts as well as opulent lodges and fine dining.
The Fine Print:
- 2017-2018 Ski 3 Pass is available for purchase when you check in for two or more nights at one of our participating hotels.
Of course, your Ski 3 experience should include the après ski scene in downtown Ogden among its dozens of independent attractions, eateries, and bars. More details are available at skiogden.com
About Visit Ogden
The greater Ogden area has been continually marked as one of Utah’s leading destinations for travel and recreation. Outside and National Geographic Adventure Magazine both declared Ogden as “one of the top ten best places to live.”
Ogden, the crossroads of the west, located in Weber County is 45 minutes north of the Salt Lake International Airport. The area inspires visitors with more than 170,000 acres of National Forest, three ski resorts, more than 210 miles of single-track trail for hiking and mountain biking and 13,000 acres of lakes connected by pristine rivers for paddle sports and fishing.
For additional information visit www.visitogden.com
(This information will not be shared)