Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month
2015 LSSM Offers
Learn to Ski or Ride in Utah during the month of January for $45
Alta Ski Area
Season Long" Learn to Ski Program" Available for locals and destination skiers
The Learn to Ski Program is a great way for children and adults who are first-time skiers to get started. Choose up to 4 days of discounted lessons and rental packages. Enrollment is limited and reservations are required. Call now to reserve your space.
- up to 4 days – offered on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays
- must register by Jan 31
- 4 days can be completed any time during the season (blackout dates apply - see below)
- $15 non-refundable registration fee
- $45 2-hour lesson & rental
- pay as you go
- purchase discounted lift ticket as needed ($25 beg lift)
- receive Copper Card when 4 days completed
- holiday blackout dates
- Dec 20 – Jan 4
- Jan 16 – 19
- Feb 13 – 22
- reservation required – no walk-ins
Copper Card description: buy.alta.com/season-passes
Brian Head University - Just $199
LEARN IN 3 OR IT'S FREE
Brian Head University is our risk free program for first time skiers or snowboarders of all ages.* We guarantee our Terrain Based Learning™ program will have you skiing or snowboarding in just 3 lessons or you'll receive a full refund.
Brian Head University includes:
- 3 Group Lessons on days of your choice**
- 3 Lift tickets
- 3 Days of Rentals
Brian Head University Graduates receive:
- An official Brian Head University Diploma
- A free Season Pass for the remainder of the 2014-2015 winter season
- 50% OFF 2015-2016 winter Season Pass
- 25% OFF 2016-2017 winter Season Pass
- 20% off a one time purchase at High Mountain Outfitters
Call 1-866-930-1010 to enroll in Brian Head University
* This program is designed exclusively for those new to snowsports. It is not meant for someone who already knows one discipline and wants to crossover to another. If you are familiar with skiing or riding and can get on chairlifts, know about the mountain, or have done it before, this program is not for you. We will be assessing this at the outset of the program. If you are deemed already to be a snowsports participant by your instructor, we will excuse you from the program and offer you a refund for the remainder of the program cost. You must complete all 3 lessons to be a "Graduate."
**Brian Head University lessons are offered every day from January 5th to April 12th. 72 hours advanced notice is recommended for each lesson
Brighton Resort is offering ski and snowboard intro packages for $45!
Packages include a 2-hour morning or afternoon lesson, an all-day ski or snowboard rental and a full-day learner lift ticket. Promotion starts January 5 and ends January 31. (Excluding MLK Weekend Jan 17th-19th)
To take advantage of this offer go to brightonresort.com and print out the " LEARN TO SKI/SNOWBOARD MONTH" voucher and redeem it at any ticket window on the dates listed. Voucher will be on brightonresort.com at the beginning of January.
Lesson times are at 10:15 AM and 1:15 PM.
First Time Skiers and Snowboarders ONLY
- $45 for full day lesson, beginner area lift ticket and rental equipment
- Ages 4-6: Cats Program
- Ages 7-12: Carvers Program
- Ages 13+: Learn to Ski/Learn to Ride
Available January 5-31st, not available Martin Luther King Weekend 1/17-1/18
Spots are limited and reservations are required. 435-615-3449
Must bring proof of Utah residency.
Deer Valley Resort
Ski Utah "Learn to Ski" Program Date: Saturday, January 31, 2015
Program: Ski Utah Learn to Ski Program – First-time local skiers only. A local is defined as anyone with a current Utah driver's license. Without a Utah driver's license, a photo ID accompanied by a current Utah property tax form, Utah utility bill or Utah business paycheck stub will be accepted
Venue Location: Deer Valley Resort Clinic Time: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Maximum: Limited to the first 55 registrants Participants: First-time skiers (never, ever skied before)
Age: Participants must be 13 years or older. Anyone under 18 years, a parent or guardian must sign a ski Rental Agreement and Acknowledgement of Risks Agreement the day of the program, prior to the start of clinic.
Cost: $45 for the package, per participant ($15 for a lift ticket, $15 for ski rental equipment and $15 for the clinic)
What is included in your package: Ski lesson (clinic), lift ticket, ski rentals and locker/basket check storage. Helmets are optional and available at no additional charge.
What to Bring/Wear: Appropriate ski attire (pants and a jacket), gloves, goggles/sunglasses and sunscreen.
Reservations: Must be made prior to January 29, 2015, by calling Deer Valley Resort at 888-754-8477 or 435-645-6648, referring to "Ski Utah Learn to Ski Program." One lesson (clinic) per participant. A valid credit card is required for all reservations.
Check-in Time: 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Anyone checking in after 8:30 a.m. is not guaranteed a lesson and will not be able to receive the discounted lift ticket or ski rentals.
Check-in Location: Snow Park Lodge, lower level Basket Check area. There will be Deer Valley Skier Services and Marketing representatives meeting the group and making sure participants know where to go for lesson and lift ticket.
No-show and Cancellation Policy: Must cancel before 5 p.m. (MST) two days prior to start of the program; otherwise, a No-show/Cancellation fee of $45 per reservation will be charged to the credit card provided.
Park City Mountain Resort
$45, includes lift ticket, lesson and rentals
- Monday, January 5 – Friday, January 30, 2015
- Blackout dates over MLK: January 17-19, 2015
- Only for first time skiers and snowboarders
- Must be a Utah resident
- Limited availability
- Afternoon Never-Ever lesson times only:
- 1:00 - 3:00pm for age 6-14
- 1:00 - 4:00pm for adults age 15+
Please call (800) 227-2754 for reservations (no online registration available)
Learn to Ski or Snowboard for $45 this January
Package includes lift ticket, group lesson and equipment rental. Not valid January 16-19, 2014
Reservations are required. 801-745-3772 ext.127 or 128.
Must mention Learn to Ski Month promo at time of reservation to receive $45 price.
Snowbasin Ski Resort
Learn to ski or snowboard for $45 this January. The beginner package (LittleCat Package) includes LittleCat Ticket, 2-hour Group Lesson, and Basic Rental Package. Standard Little Cat Package rate is $89, so this is a 49% savings.
Learn and Earn Package for first time skiers – $299 for 5 lessons, 5 rentals, 3 beginner lift tickets, 2 all mountain lift tickets and a season pass for the remainder of the season once all 5 lessons are completed. This package is blacked out during the holiday periods - Learn More
Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort
Adults: Ages 13 and up - for first time skiers and riders only.
- Jan. 4-31; afternoons only - 1:30-4:00
- Price: $45 (regular price $110)
- Meeting Location: Chickadee Bowl
- Includes 2.5 hr afternoon lesson (2.5 hrs), Chickadee lift ticket and rentals.
Must pre-register a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Subject to availability. Must request this program when registering. Learner will receive a "Learner's Permit Pass" with a photo. Entitles the learner to five additional discounted adult group lessons ($65 instead of $110) subject to availability. AND five additional days of skiing for half price! The Learner Permit is good for the rest of the current season only and is not transferrable. One per guest.
Children & Youth Afternoon Adventure: Ages 7-12 - for first time skiers and riders only.
- Jan. 4-31; afternoons only - 1:30-4:00
- Price: $45 (regular price $110)
- Includes 2.5 hr afternoon lesson (2.5 hrs), Chickadee lift ticket and rentals. Must pre-register a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Subject to availability. Must request this program when registering.
For First Time Skill Level 1 Red
Reservations recommended: (801) 947-8222 or email@example.com
Solitude Mountain Resort
Learn to Ski or Snowboard for $45
- Offer valid for Utah residents.
- Beginners only, one time use.
- For skiers ages 5 and up and snowboarders age 8 and up.
- Valid January 5-31, 2015 excluding 1/9, 1/16-19, 1/23 and 1/30.
- Afternoon group sessions only, 1:00pm-3:15pm.
- Rentals are available after 12:15pm.
Reservations can be made by calling 801-536-5730 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations must be made at least one week in advance.