Alta Performance Ski Camp for Expert Skiers March 21-25, 2010
January 19, 2010
Alta Performance Ski Camp is a new coaching program for the expert skier. The camp integrates the legendary natural terrain and snow of Little Cottonwood Canyon’s Alta and Snowbird ski areas with a progressive approach to coaching expert all-mountain skiers. The camp will be based from the historic Alta Lodge, with its traditional lodge ambiance, fine food and personal service.
The coaches have developed an innovative coaching system that builds all-mountain confidence and versatility.
The camp is designed for expert skiers with high goals. Goals include:
- Reading the terrain and conditions for ideal line selection
- Skiing an entire line without interruption
- Learning how to use your skis in different snow conditions
- Using turn shape to attack the hill while maintaining speed control
Coaching will be in a 1:4 group ratio, with three days of guided skiing on expert terrain at Alta and Snowbird. We'll emphasize all-mountain ski tactics and techniques. Also included is alignment and functional physical evaluation by a biomechanics expert, video analysis of skiers, and evening indoor presentations.
The four-night, three-day camp includes:
- lodging with full breakfast and four-course dinner daily (lunch is additional)
- three days ski coaching
- two days Alta lift passes; one day Alta-Snowbird lift pass
- three days demo skis
Price: $2,099 per person, double occupancy, standard room
$2,768 per person, single occupancy, standard room
Rates include tax and 15% lodging service charge. Other types of rooms are available at different rates.
Reservations: 800-707-ALTA