Ski Utah and Local Skiers Attempt to Ski 14 Resorts in One Day March 15, 2012
March 13, 2012
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH – Ski Utah has joined with a group of local skiers to ski all 14 Utah resorts in a single day March 15, 2012. The group approached Ski Utah to become the first in history to ski all 14 Utah resorts in a single day in exchange for raising funds to benefit Huntsman Cancer Institute, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and The National Ability Center. Canyon Transportation is also donating their services to make this mission possible.
The skiers, 14 in total, are challenging the previous Ski Utah record of successfully skiing 13 resorts in one day which was set January 13, 2009. Since that time, Utah’s fourteenth resort - Eagle Point - opened near Beaver, Utah. The mission demonstrates the unparalleled accessibility of Utah’s 14 ski and snowboard resorts.
Media and the public can follow the mission’s progress in real-time by visiting the Ski Utah Yeti’s blog posts located at: http://www.skiutah.com/winter/blog/authors/yeti
Ski Utah’s Schedule on March 15, 2012 is as follows:
· 2:30 a.m.- Meet in lobby of Lodging at Brian Head Resort
· 3:00 a.m.- Ski Brian Head
· 3:20 a.m.- Depart for Eagle Point
· 5:00 a.m.- Arrive at Eagle Point and ski
· 5:20 a.m.- Depart from Eagle Point
· 8:20 a.m.- Arrive and ski at Sundance Resort
· 8:40 a.m.- Drive to Deer Valley Resort
· 9:00 a.m.- Board Deer Crest Gondola at Jordanelle and ski to Snow Park Lodge
· 9:30 a.m.- Drive to Park City Mountain Resort
· 9:55 a.m.- Arrive and ski Park City Mountain Resort
· 10:10 a.m.- Drive to Canyons Resort
· 10:25 a.m.- Arrive and ski at Canyons Resort
· 10:55 a.m.- Drive to Little Cottonwood Canyon
· 11:45 a.m.- Board Snowbird Tram and ski Mineral Basin over to Alta and down to Collins Lift
· 12:15 p.m.- Vehicles meet skiers at base of Collins Lift at Alta Ski Area
· 12:30 p.m.- Drive to Solitude
· 1:30 p.m.- Arrive at Brighton and ski to Solitude via Soli/Bright trail
· 2:10 p.m.- Drive to Snowbasin
· 3:30 p.m.- Arrive and ski Snowbasin
· 3:50 p.m.- Drive to Wolf Mountain
· 4:10 p.m.- Arrive and ski Wolf Mountain
· 4:30 p.m.- Drive to Powder Mountain
· 5:00 p.m.- Arrive and ski Powder Mountain
· 5:30 p.m.- Drive to Beaver Mountain
· 8:00 p.m.- Arrive and ski Beaver Mountain. Fourteen resorts in one day!
For media information or interviews, contact Ski Utah Director of Communications Jessica Kunzer at 801.647.2510 or by email at email@example.com.