The Ski Affair Turns 21 – It’s Your Date With History
September 28, 2011
SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH - The J. Willard Marriott Library’s Ski Archives’ annual fund-raiser, the Ski Affair, turns 21 this year. And you know what happens when that magical year comes round? It means the onset of anticipation, an inevitable change or two and lots of excitement.
So it will be with the 2011 edition of the Ski Affair on Oct. 27 at the Little America Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. The festivities begin with a popular reception and silent auction at 6 p.m. that will mesh with a new dining format that will offer delicious morsels served up at a variety of food stations.
The embellishments will complement the annual highlights of the event – ushering in the upcoming ski season and generating support (a.k.a. funds and friends) for the library’s world renowned Ski Archives.
New this year:
- A lower $60 admission
- Each participant will have a free opportunity of one drawing ticket that will give them a very nice prize
- Open seating for dinner
- Self-serve food stations
- High-value live auction
- Video flashback that observes the 10th anniversary of Salt Lake City hosting the 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
And at the core:
- Renewal of acquaintances at 6 p.m. reception
- 500-plus ski enthusiasts mixing and mingling
- High-value silent auction
- Recognition of Women’s Ski Jumping USA for its history-making acceptance as an Olympic Winter Games event
- No-host cash bars
- Historic photo exhibits
With all that in the offing, the Ski Affair of 2011 is destined to be your date with history. Don’t miss it. Register by October 21 at www.lib.utah.edu. You only turn 21 once, you know.
Judy Jarrow 801-581-3421