You're never far from The Greatest Snow On Earth® with these solutions.
The Free Ski Utah Snow Report App
| Newest Version 8.0.5
|Newest Version 8.0.5
- Powder Alert - Pick your powder threshold, time & resorts, and the app will ping you when the snowfall meets your minimums, helping to ensure you don't miss another pow day.
- Ski Day Tracker- Easily keep track of how many days your get in a season and for any day tracked
- SNOW SNOW SNOW - If it's snow related, we've got it covered. Includes: Overnight, New since 6AM, 24hr, 48hr, Base depth, Year-To-Date, Last 7 days of snowfall, snow probability, (the "snow stake elevation" where at the resort their snow is report is measured), NOAA day and night weather forecast, wind speeds, and more!
- Ski Bus Routes- Quickly find the fastest public transit route for a Utah resort. Expand the details and get step-by-step directions. Refine the time results for future schedules.
- Road Restrictions - The latest road restrictions, for each resort's main access road(s), all in one easy to access spot. Conditions provided by UDOT. Make sure you vehicle is equipped for Utah state road laws - 3Peak Mountain Snowflake tires vs All-Season
- Forecasting by Evan Thayer - Get the latest Wasatch Mountain forecast from the best snow forecaster in Utah, Evan Thayer with Wasatch Snow Forecast / OpenSnow.
- Resort Data - Chairlifts Open/Closed, Trails Open/Closed, Terrain Parks Open/Closed, resort events/conditions, high resolution Trail Maps and Live Mountain Web Cameras.
- Opening / Closing Dates - Listing resort's anticipated opening and closing dates when they are 30 days out.
- Stories - Check out the latest Ski Utah Story, great fodder that bus commute or just passing the time while your wax job is drying.
- Parking - Links to each resort's parking details, and if applicable, parking reservations page.
The Snow Report in 140 Characters
Get the snow report via a text message, and you don't even need a Twitter account. Subscribe and you'll receive a text everyday with the latest new snow totals for all 14 Utah resorts.
You can also follow these accounts on Twitter! @skiutahsnowrpt + @skiutahpowalert
- To subscribe just text "follow skiutahsnowrpt" to 40404
To unsubscribe from the daily Snow Report text "OFF @skiutahsnowrpt" to 40404
- Or subscribe to the Powder Alert and only receive the text if a resort receives 6" or more. To subscribe just text "follow skiutahpowalert" to 40404
To unsubscribe from the Powder Alert text "OFF @skiutahpowalert" to 40404
Adhering to the 140 character count limit, example of text
11/14 Alta:3, Beav:2, BHed:12, Brtn:10, Chry:6, Deer:3, EgPt:9, Nord:11, PCM:1, PowM:8, SnoB:1, SBrd:7, Soli:3, Sdnc:14
Alta Ski Area
Park City Mountain
TV / Display Snow Report
View Larger (+)
You can display "The Official Utah Snow Report" in your place of business... even if your place of business is your house.
- All information is updated every 5 minutes, ensuring the most accurate details.
- Each user can select/limit the Utah resorts displayed.
- Overnight Snowfall On storm days several resorts will post the amount of snow they received during their closed hours, this is historically between the hours of 4 PM and 9 AM.
- New Snow Since 6am Ever wonder how much snow has fallen after the morning's 6am report on a big storm day? Now that powder beta will be available from all participating resorts.
- Road Restrictions - The latest road restrictions, for each resort's main access road(s), updated every 5 minutes.
- Weather - a 3-day weather forecast powered by NOAA.
- Snow Data - 24hr, 48hr, Base, Year-To-Date and the Last 3 snowfalls.
Access to the Ski Utah TV/Display application is FREE.
TO get setup with access email firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you are member of Ski Utah we can customize the displayed results.
Ski Utah Membership Details
Any display that has a web browser access, like a TV, monitor or projector can display the application. All you need is a way to connect the display unit to a common web browser like Chrome or Safari. We've found the best combination to be a TV or Projector with a Chromebit attached and connected to your WiFi, running Chrome as your web browser, hardware suggestion.
Snow Report Widget
Display the latest Utah resorts snow totals on your website with the new snow report widget. To add the widget to your website, just copy and paste the provided code to an open area like a sidebar, footer or to the main body of a page and the widget does the magic. Snow totals are pushed to the widget every 5 minutes, so you can be sure they are accurate. The Ski Utah Snow Report Widget is a free module available only to active Ski Utah members. Become a Ski Utah Member Today!
The snow report widget can be easily configured to fit the real estate of your website. Recommended display dimensions: 350-400px wide, 500-700px high. Minimum width: 325px. Maximum width: none. Minimum height: 350px. Maximum height: 1,550px
To request your widget please contact info(@)skiutah.com
Ski Utah Snow Report Widget
Below display configurations: 350px wide X 500px tall
Ski Utah Snow Report API
If you would like access to the raw snow report data, the API is what you are looking for. *Integrating the API into your website requires a web developer.
The API includes the following data points
- unique resort id, resort name, base snow (inches), new 24hr (inches) , 48hr (inches), resort comments/conditions (updated by resorts, usually regarding an event or terrain announcement), resort elevation base, resort elevation snow stake (the elevation of the snow study plot for snow reporting), resort elevation summit, resort logo as an SVG, resort web site url, and a time stamp for when that resort's report was last updated.
Requirements for use:
- Credit given to Ski Utah by including "Snow Report Brought To You Buy ".
- The Ski Utah Logo links back to http://www.skiutah.com/snowreport - "Credit" should be listed directly above the container displaying the snow report details.
- The following text can be located under the "Credit" or directly below the container displaying the snow report details - "For a more detailed report visit SkiUtah.com" - "SkiUtah.com" links to http://www.skiutah.com/snowreport
Access to the Ski Utah Snow Report API is FREE with an active Ski Utah Membership
Become a Ski Utah Member Today!
Ski Utah Headquarters Sign
If you've ever driven by the Ski Utah Headquarters before the sun is up, and noticed the LED sign, you may have also noted the Fat Flake changes colors.
The flake changes colors based on a couple of snow indications.
Here's what the colors indicate:
- WHITE - The building has electricity!
- GREEN - At least one Utah resort has reported a Utah Powder Day (receiving 12" or more in 24hrs)
- RED - A Winter Storm Warning or a Winter Storm Watch has been triggered by NOAA, predicting a producer of The Greatest Snow On Earth®
Utah Powder Day (12"+ in 24hrs)
Winter Storm Warning
Ski Utah Headquarters - is located on the N.E. corner of Parleys Way & Foothill Drive, near the mouth of Parley's Canyon