You know you've found your dream job when you can call the mountains your office. Join Ski Utah's team of outdoor enthusiasts to work in a collaborative, fun and flexible environment.
Ski Utah is the marketing firm owned and operated by the 15 statewide ski resorts that make up the Utah Ski and Snowboard Association. The organization has been creating brand awareness of and demand for the Utah winter sports product since its inception in 1978. Ski Utah’s primary functions are concentrated in marketing, public policy and public relations.
The Sales and Membership Manager is a self-motivated, detail-oriented person with an analytical approach to daily tasks and problem solving. The Sales and Membership Manager contributes to the marketing and fundraising efforts of Ski Utah by maintaining and growing membership as well as selling digital advertising across all Ski Utah platforms.
- Serve as the main point of contact for 280+ current and potential members and advertisers.
- Responsible for ad sales and ad operations/trafficking across all Ski Utah platforms, including email, website, app and podcast.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with 280+ Ski Utah business members by facilitating weekly member communication emails and hosting year-round events and activities.
- Participate in internal meetings with Ski Utah’s marketing agency to ensure branding campaigns are effectively built, analyzed and optimized to strategic goals.
- Create new and effective sales opportunities.
- Manage Ski Utah member content including listings, deals, articles and banner/app ad campaigns. Manage ad serving platform. Collect creative assets from advertisers and traffic ads on the appropriate ad server.
- Collect, analyze and share campaign delivery/performance reports to communicate accurate results and ROI to each advertiser.
- Assist President, Partnerships Manager and VP of Marketing with maintaining current income and generating additional funds through corporate sponsorships.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience working with CMS systems and creating and managing content
- Proven track record of analyzing and optimizing media campaigns
- Detail oriented and efficient at managing projects from conception to completion with the ability to multitask, organize, prioritize and structure work.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills and MUST be comfortable speaking to clients and presenting at Board of Directors meetings and to the association directly.
- Attention to detail and time management skills to deliver high-quality work for multiple projects while meeting deadlines and budgets.
- A self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, project-oriented environment both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize while on deadline
- LOVES to ski/ride powder
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude and a team player
- 12/10 organization skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field; a combination of education and/or work experience may be substituted.
- 1-2 years in traditional and non-traditional media planning/buying experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, outstanding mathematical, accounting skills and ability to troubleshoot and reconcile
- Strong knowledge of ad serving platforms (DFP) - Google Ad Manager
- Experience with MailChimp and Asana is a plus
- Agency experience is preferred
- Confident skier or a snowboarder
Email Your Interest
All applications must include a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references.