Grab your hat and boots! We all know it’s fun to pretend you’re a cowboy or cowgirl for a day—especially for your kids. Here’s a great list of local outfitters at (or near) Utah’s ski areas to get you on your way.
- Brian Head Ski Resort: While Brian Head Resort doesn't offer trail rides, nearby Panguitch Lake Horseback Trail Rides boasts scenic rides through Dixie National Forrest. Rides starting at $36.
- Cherry Peak: With trail rides beginning at $35, and options for short rides for your littlest kiddos, Cherry Peak is the perfect place to cool off in the mountains.
- Deer Valley Resort: Ride along Deer Valley's trails with views of Jordanelle Reservoir. Choose from three different rides starting at $65 through Boulder Mountain Ranch.
- Town of Park City: Although not directly related to Park City Mountain, Red Pine Adventures offers trail rides near Canyons Village starting at $99.
- Sundance Mountain Resort: With five different experiences to choose from, you'll be captivated by your surroundings and beautiful scenery at Sundance. Step out of your comfort zone with a horseback ride and zipline adventure or find a moment of zen with the horseback ride and yoga option. Book through Rocky Mountain Outfitters with rides start at $65 per person.
We tagged along with the Still family as they visited Stein Eriksen Lodge and took their own trail ride at Deer Valley with Boulder Mountain Ranch. They ended their day of fun with paddle boarding at Deer Valley's Pebble Beach Pond.
For more great places to paddleboard, reference "Utah's Best Places to Paddleboard."