Irish eyes are smiling in Utah this week: Storms that dropped some beautiful snow in the mountains were followed by clear blue skies. Spring ski gear is breaking out and there’s a sense of celebration in the air. What better way to start the weekend than to plot out your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations—with the best food and beverages in mind, of course? Smart revelers know that a little nourishment goes a long way to fuel a day of skiing followed by a night of jigging. As Irish poet Brendan Behan noted, “The most important things to do in the world are to get something to eat, something to drink and somebody to love you.” I can’t help you with the love part, but here are some spots where you’ll find some hearty St. Patrick’s Day eats. NOTE: Some specials are available now through March 17, some only on the 17th. Call each restaurant for specifics.
Snow Park Restaurant
- Niman Ranch Corned Beef Brisket Sandwich: Warm Brussel sprout, caramelized onion and bacon slaw; caraway aioli, gruyere, spicy mustard, house tomato chutney, caraway bun.
- Traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage: Lemon rosemary roasted fingerling potatoes, braised cabbage, trio of baby carrots, Tullamore Dew mustard sauce.
- Irish Coffee: Tullamore Dew, Bailey’s Irish cream, Millcreek coffee, freshly whipped cream
- Shaved Corn Beef Sandwich: Celery root green apple slaw, cracked grain mustard aioli, Irish white cheddar on a potato onion roll.
The Lodge Bistro
- Guinness Beef Stew with chive biscuits
- Kobe Corned Beef and Cabbage with parsley new potatoes, baby carrots and creamy mustard sauce
- Bangers & Mash: Ale-poached sausages, scallion-cheddar mashed potatoes, caramelized onions
- Ale-Battered Fish & Chips: fried cod, hand-cut fries porter aioli
- Irish Gold: Jameson Irish whiskey, ginger ale, peach schnapps
- Celtic Sea Breeze: Pinnacle vodka, lime juice, basil-infused simple syrup, splash of club soda
- Chopped Brisket Sandwich with friend pickles
- Irish Banger Stew and Fresh Scone
Food specials will be served at all the resort’s lodges.
- Traditional corned beef and cabbage, Shepard’s Pie, and Guinness Beef Stew.
- Bag Pipers will also be in Earl’s Lodge during the afternoon.
- 3:30 pm in Earl’s Lodge: Specials will be provided by Bushmills and This Must Be the Band, the best Talking Heads tribute band, will take the stage for a FREE live music show.